Sunday, October 26, 2014

Enjoying the sem break

No posting this weekend.

Am enjoying the sem break which means reading other books that have been set aside. I am not half way yet with Pinker's The Better Angels of our Nature. I am only into a few pages of Kahneman's Thinking, Fast and Slow. That's why I want to live to a hundred in order to finish the books on my list. But law books will be my main fare for the next two years or so.

Jason Capocao, our Regional Accountant, has given me two books. One I've read already in its e-book version, Gladwell's Outliers. The other one is Justice by Sandel whose online course at edX I finished last year. Jason has given away his Chicken Soup books too. They are too soupy for my taste.

Jason will be moving soon to our Ozamis Branch to become its Administrative Officer. This guy's going some places in the organization.

There are plenty of leftover typos from my first and second reading of my first semester books. I'll deal with them and new ones in the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment