Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tour of what?

Typos aside I can recommend Josephrally L. Chavez' book Tax 2 Revealed (A Guide to Passing the Bar) Volume II. The format is good. The font is well chosen. This is my go to textbook for Tax 2. I plan on getting his Tax 1 text later altho that seems to be missing from the Rex website. To publish a book this big in only 10 years of practice is quite an achievement.

I especially like his illustrations using the Beatles, my favorite band. Since Atty. Chavez is still young, perhaps his father is my contemporary and who may also be a Beatles fanboy.

Having said that I will now deal with a few items in the book.

On page 11,

I do not know what Prof. Chavez meant by "tour of discussion." There is no prior example on the internet.

Page 29 -

Freedictionary.com has this definition of scheduler:
n1. (Broadcasting) a person whose job is to allot times for television or radio programmes to be broadcast2. (Computer Science) computing a computer program designed to aid in scheduling tasks
And, finally, on page 86 we have this paragraph:

which I think could be reworded thus:
     However, in the case of importation of taxable goods, whether or not made in the course of trade  or business, the importer, whether individual or corporation, shall be liable to VAT imposed in Sec. 107 of the Code.
Our Legal Writing class under Prof. Escobar would surely agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment