Friday, December 4, 2015

Back on the internet

I am finally back on the internet after two weeks of a dead telephone line. They said that the third time is the charm. After my third visit to the PLDT office, their contractors finally called by cellphone asking for directions to our home.

I instead went to meet them at the data cabinet of PLDT where the Falco techs (PLDT contractor) were untangling a veritable spaghetti of jumper wires.  There were columns of racks in the cabinet. Each rack has rows of strip rail bars where the ends of the jumper cables should have been neatly tucked into.

But the rail bars were hanging from the racks and many jumper cables were spliced into rattails and without terminal caps. When the exposed rattails corrode you will have slower connection and eventually a dead line like ours.

No wonder it takes days to isolate and locate the jumper that leads to the wire that goes to your home. My CSAT electronics teacher, Ondo Tarona, would have failed me if my wires were like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment