Saturday, August 10, 2013

Poquiz flummoxes

The word flummox reminds me of Jess Yap, my friend and former co-worker and my supervisor during his last 2 years in office before retirement. I used flummoxed  when I answered an e-mail from our Manila head office that was neither here nor there. People at head office are usually overbearing when dealing with people in the branches. And people in the regional branches can be overbearing with people in the sub-branches.

In this particular instance I cc'd Jess and he couldn't contain his amusement because I used the word to nettle my Manila correspondent who was trying to 'bullshit' me. From then on Jess would be saying flummoxed every time he felt I was not very clear on any topic.

Here's a portion of page 2 of Riano's book Labor Relations Law, With Notes and Comments, 2012 Edition:


Jess would surely say this one is very "flummoxing". I hope I'll not be as flummoxed as him when I wade further through Poquiz' book. He's a good lecturer. Let's see if he is also a good writer. Riano is both a good writer and lecturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment